Saint Andrew’s Refugee Services, Cairo
Vacancy Announcement: Refugee Position Willpower System Coordinator
Established in 1979, StARS is a refugee company service provider in central Cairo that performs to improve the top quality of daily life for refugees and vulnerable migrants by 5 wide method regions: instruction, psychosocial, authorized, neighborhood outreach and unaccompanied youth and kids guidance expert services. We supply substantial-top quality products and services conference the unaddressed requirements of refugees, and we give a safe and inclusive place for displaced people today to arrive collectively as a group. We do the job for refugees, with refugees, to make rights recognition a actuality.
StARS’ Mission: Pushed by a motivation to justice and fairness, StARS performs as displaced people and for displaced persons to regard human dignity and increase quality of life.
StARS’ Vision: Displaced folks lead in the creation and implementation of responses to distinct types of migration to create harmless, just, welcoming, and inclusive communities globally.
We serve men and women from a lot of sites, including Eritrea, Ethiopia, Iraq, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.
To study extra you should stop by our web-site: www.stars-egypt.org or our Facebook webpage https://www.fb.com/standrewsrefugeeservices?fref=ts
Undertaking Description: Refugee Authorized Aid Method
The Refugee Lawful Aid Software delivers assistance and representation to refugees in search of recognition by UNHCR as a result of refugee position determination techniques in Egypt and helps refugees in accessing resettlement to risk-free third international locations. Refugee Authorized Support Software is trying to find a Refugee Standing Dedication Software Senior Authorized Officer to help vulnerable refugees in their Refugee Standing Determination Program system.
Less than the supervision of the Director of Refugee Legal Help Plan, the Refugee Lawful Assist Plan Refugee Standing Willpower Software Coordinator is liable for the management and the growth of the Refugee Lawful Help Program’s Refugee Position Resolve Program. In session with the Director of Refugee Lawful Aid Program, the Refugee Authorized Assist Software Refugee Position Determination Method Coordinator shall be responsible for supervising and figuring out the strategic direction of Refugee Legal Aid Program’s Refugee Status Dedication Application workforce. The Refugee Authorized Support Application Refugee Position Dedication Plan Coordinator will be responsible for the working day-to-working day administration of Refugee Lawful Aid Program’s Refugee Status Willpower Software staff, which consists of 6 Senior Legal Officers, 6 Authorized Officer, and between seven and 10 Volunteer Authorized Advisors.
All duties are carried out underneath the supervision of the Director of Refugee Lawful Support Method. Successful conversation with the Director of Refugee Authorized Assist Software and other StARS method coordinators is essential to the achievement of this purpose.
Authorized and Complex
- To build and supervise the screening and ingestion of and the provision of exact information and high-top quality support to likely clientele for representation in Refugee Position Dedication Program matters, including Refugee Standing Dedication Software very first instance, appeals, and reopening.
- To make ultimate conclusions on representation of customers requesting help in the Refugee Standing Perseverance Application approach.
- To coach Refugee Status Resolve Method team and regulate their function on Refugee Status Dedication System matters.
- To maintain a good functioning information of UNHCR insurance policies and treatments in Refugee Position Determination System issues and place of origin facts on typical customer populations.
- To oversee the planning and submitting of to start with instance, attractiveness, and reopening submissions to UNHCR’s Refugee Position Resolve Software Unit.
- To establish and supervise Refugee Authorized Help Program’s intervention ability in circumstances involving refugees in detention.
- To maintain exact data of customer representations, including client data files in Refugee Authorized Help Program’s scenario administration databases (RIPS) and the Refugee Standing Determination Application scenario dockets.
- To engage with refugee community-dependent corporations in offering trainings and observe-up guidance, as properly as taking part in open up-ground conferences and data periods.
- To support the Director of Refugee Lawful Aid Application in location and executing on coverage and advocacy priorities.
- To adhere to the Nairobi Code of Ethics, the StARS Guidelines and Methods Guide, the StARS Code of Perform, and the StARS Safety and Stability Coverage.
- To aid the Director of Refugee Authorized Support Application in progress and implementation of crew systems, procedures, and treatments.
- To help the Director of Refugee Authorized Help Software in setting up written manuals and treatments for the different products and services offered by the Refugee Status Willpower Application staff.
- In coordination with the Director of Refugee Lawful Assist Method, to retain and build Refugee Legal Help Program’s romance with UNHCR’s Refugee Position Determination Software, Registration, and Protection Models.
- To offer reporting facts to the Director of Refugee Authorized Assist Program as asked for for purposes of reporting operate to senior administration, funders, and other folks.
- To often attend StARS administration meetings and other management features to foster close coordination with other StARS courses.
- To make and preserve associations with psychosocial and training employees and operational partners.
- To connect with refugee communities, other provider suppliers, and UNHCR to facilitate the provision of accurate information and facts and assistance top to the fulfillment of refugee rights.
- In coordination with the Director of Refugee Lawful Assist System, recruit, practice, and supervise the complete Refugee Lawful Help Application Refugee Status Dedication System team, which includes paid out staff members and volunteers.
- To finish duties for and monitor development on StARS’ strategic plan.
- To engage proactively in marketing wellbeing between volunteers and personnel.
- To assure high-good quality authorized information and representation and a refugee-rights-centered method.
Finance and Administration
- To go through probation and standard functionality appraisals.
- To fulfill weekly with the Director of Refugee Authorized Assist Application about the do the job of Refugee Lawful Aid Program’s Refugee Standing Willpower Program workforce.
- To revise the method for Refugee Lawful Support Program in reaction to changing scenarios and take part in annual work scheduling.
Communication and Reporting
- To connect on a regular basis with the Director of Refugee Lawful Support Method, reporting on all big difficulties and developments in the discipline and in just Refugee Lawful Assist Method.
- To come to be acquainted with Refugee Lawful Support Program’s database program (RIPS) and precisely report and follow up on all suitable circumstance administration.
- To present case reporting data to the Director of Refugee Legal Assist Plan as asked for in purchase to properly report perform to senior administration, funders, and many others.
- To promote data-sharing within just Refugee Authorized Aid Plan and StARS on all problems affecting the populations we provide.
Skills & Encounter
The perfect prospect will be energetic, articulate, and cozy interacting with varied segments of modern society. She or he will have shown a firm dedication to human rights and refugee challenges with distinct emphasis on vulnerable populations.
- English getting the formal language of UNHCR Cairo and StARS, the Refugee Authorized Assist Application Refugee Standing Perseverance Program Legal Officer ought to be fluent in oral and composed English.
- Master’s degree in a similar field (worldwide progress, international law, improvement research, Center East Reports) OR a experienced law firm in any jurisdiction (J.D., LLB or equal) OR a bare minimum of 3 decades of experience in symbolizing refugees in the resettlement or Refugee Status Resolve Plan processes OR 5 decades of knowledge offering immediate representation to indigent individuals in any location.
- Outstanding authorized exploration and drafting competencies.
- Knowledge of UNHCR recommendations and strategies, specially resettlement conditions.
- Understanding of Refugee Authorized Assist Program’s units and values an benefit.
- Awareness of the normal protection situation and vulnerabilities of refugees in Egypt.
- A shown motivation to and sensitivity towards vulnerable or displaced persons.
- Capacity to are living and work in a fluid protection natural environment.
- Proven working experience drafting customer affidavits and lawful arguments, significantly to vulnerable clients.
- Sizeable expertise reviewing the perform products of other lawyers.
- Capacity to exercising seem authorized judgment, well arranged, self-determined, and responsible.
- Shown compassion for refugees and displaced men and women.
- Demonstrated skill to communicate properly equally orally and in crafting.
- Shown ability to do the job in a team as well as individually.
- A constructive mindset and delicate fashion when dealing with customers like a array of interviewing skills for dealing with complicated eventualities, significantly in advocating for survivors of violence, trafficking, torture, and SGBV.
- Fluency in Arabic or a refugee language is an gain but not needed.
- Knowledge planning and conducting trainings for technical and non-specialized audiences.
- Managerial knowledge or familiarity with volunteer oversight.
- Life and perform knowledge in the Middle East and/or Egypt or with an urban refugee population.
- Fluency in Arabic or a refugee language is an gain.
Performing Hours: The Refugee Position Perseverance Application Coordinator is predicted to be at operate for 40 several hours per 7 days, among the hours of 9am and 5pm, from Sunday to Thursday. For a longer time several hours, evening and weekend perform are sometimes required. Perform will be executed both in StARS premises and also in refugee communities and centers.
Supervised by: Director of Refugee Lawful Assist Program.
Wage: 10,950 EGP/month, soaring to 11,950 EGP/thirty day period next profitable completion 3-month probationary interval. In addition 4,020 EGP/calendar year Health and fitness Protection and 100 EGP/thirty day period Preserving Scheme Contribution upon completion of probationary time period.
Added formal added benefits as stipulated in StARS Staff members Handbook Pointers.
This posture is subject to a three-thirty day period probationary interval, at which time the employee’s efficiency will be reviewed and probation may well be extended.
Closing day for purposes: 13 July 2022
Predicted Commencing day: 1 September 2022
Initial agreement term: 18-months, renewable by agreement of equally parties.
How to apply
To use: Remember to mail your Protect Letter and CV and brief lawful creating sample to [email protected] All apps should really deliver get in touch with data of two experienced or academic references (referees will only be contacted right after Interviews). employing the subject matter line “Refugee Status Willpower System Coordinator”.
***Be aware:***Only short-stated applicants will be contacted for an job interview.